This Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty Program
Provides Coverage For:
1. All internally lubricated parts contained within the vehicle's engine, including pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft, crankshaft main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, cam followers, timing chain, timing gears, guides, tensioners, rocker arms, rocker arm shafts, hydraulic lifters, rocker bushings, cylinder head values, value guides, valve lifters, valve springs, push rods, oil pump, intake and exhaust valves. Seals & gaskets, only if required in the repair of a Covered Part.
2. The engine block and cylinder heads, provided the breakdown of the engine block or cylinder heads is caused by the breakdown of a part listed in clause (1) above (does not include any part other than what is supplied in the long block assembly).
Transmission - Automatic or Standard Transmission.
All internally lubricated parts, plus torque converter, seals & gaskets (if required in repair of a Covered Part), transmission case and housing (if damaged by an internally lubricated part). Manual transmission clutches, pressure plates, and throw out bearings are not covered. Transfer case (only is damaged by an internally lubricated part) and all its internally lubricated parts, and seals & gaskets (only if required in repair of a Covered Part).
Drive Axle - Front or rear
All internal parts contained within the drive axel, drive axle case, constant velocity joints, axel bearings, drive axel housing (only if damaged by an internally lubricated part), and seals & gaskets (only if required in repair of a Covered Part).
Under this program, you may be reimbursed for towing services up to $100 in the event of a Breakdown.
If Your Vehicle Breaks Down,
1. Use all reasonable means to product your vehicle from further damage. This may require you to stop the vehicle, turn off the engine, and have the vehicle towed.
2. Contact the A Lifetime of Worry-Free Driving ... Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty Program Claims Administration offices at (877) 211-7750, to obtain the name and location of an approved repair facility.
Important Information About Your Warranty:
Required Maintenance to Keep Your Warranty in Force
In order to keep your warranty in force, your vehicle must be maintained according to the manufacturer’s specifications. You must retain all related service records and receipts. The performance of this normal maintenance is not covered under your warranty.
Before beginning any repair work, you must contact the Claims Administrator at (877) 211-7750 to obtain the name and location of an approved repair facility. The repair facility must not commence repair work without first calling the Claims Administrator for prior authorization of the estimated repair work.
Your warranty may not cover or apply to certain conditions. Please see your warranty for complete details.
* This webpage is not intended as a complete description of your coverage. For complete details, please see your warranty contract.